The Playlab Swansea is based in Swansea University, Department of Psychology. We are based in the College of Human and Health Sciences.
The University address is
Singleton Park Campus:
To see a map of the location of the Lab and Parking: Parking map
Directions if approaching from the East:
- Leave the M4 at Junction 42 (signposted Swansea A483) where the slip road will bring you onto Fabian Way.
- At the first roundabout take the second exit continuing west (the first exit is a no through road), and continue straight ahead, passing Swansea University’s new Bay Campus on your right. Continue straight across the junction with traffic lights. Continue straight across the next junction with traffic lights (Swansea Docks to the left and Park and Ride car park to the right).
- Go straight across the junction with traffic lights onto the bridge over the River Tawe (A4067) at the southern margin of the city centre.
- Pass Sainsbury’s supermarket on your left and Swansea Museum again on the left. Continuing straight ahead, pass the large Tesco supermarket on your right.
- Continue straight through the traffic lights along the coast road (Oystermouth Road, A4067) towards Mumbles, passing a stretch of bed and breakfast hotels and the Bay View public house on your right.
- After the next set of traffic lights, make sure you are in the outside lane of the dual carriageway.
- Pass St Helen’s Rugby Ground on Oystermouth Road on your right.
- Continue through the next junction. The entrance to the Singleton Park Campus is a right turn at the next set of traffic lights, with a dedicated filter arrow.
Directions if approaching from the West:
- Exit the M4 at Junction 47 (signposted A483/A48). At the roundabout take the third exit onto the A483.
- At the roundabout take the first exit and continue on the A483.
- Continue straight along the road, passing the Tesco Extra and the retail park. Continue straight ahead through the next two sets of traffic lights.
- At the third set of traffic lights (opposite the Marquis Arms Pub) turn right (onto Station Road).
- Continue straight along the A4216 (Cockett Road).
- Go straight ahead at the first mini-roundabout, and then right onto Vivian Road at the mini-roundabout immediately afterwards.
- Continue along the A4216 (Vivian Road). At the traffic lights by the Vivian Pub continue straight ahead. At the next set of traffic lights turn left onto Sketty Park Road.
- At the roundabout take the first exit onto Sketty Lane (A4216).
- Continue past Singleton Hospital and the Wales National Pool and turn left onto Mumbles Road (A4067) at the traffic lights. N.B. There is no access to the University’s Singleton Park Campus through the Singleton Hospital site.
- Continue straight through two sets of traffic lights, passing the University’s Singleton Park Campus on your left.
- The entrance to the City and County of Swansea’s Recreation Ground Car Park is immediately on your left, just after the second set of lights (by the bus stop).
By train, bus or coach
- If you are arriving in Swansea by train, a regular and reliable bus service runs from Swansea railway station to the Quadrant Bus Station in the city centre.
- If you are arriving in Swansea by bus/coach to the Quadrant Bus Station, the Singleton Park Campus is served by a range of local bus services – please see the First Cymru website for full details.
- Bus numbers 2A, 3A, and 82A depart from the Quadrant Bus Station for the University’s Singleton Park Campus every 15 minutes. These buses will bring you straight onto the Singleton Park Campus itself and buses return from the Singleton Park Campus to the Quadrant Bus Station at regular intervals.
- The ftrmetro service (or purple “bendy-bus”) service – number 4 bus – also provides a direct link from Swansea railway station to the Singleton Park Campus, at an approximate cost of £3.50 single and £4.00 return if using a day ticket. Visit the First Cymru site for full details.
- Alternatively, a taxi from Swansea railway station to the Singleton Park Campus will cost around £7/£8
To make sure we don’t have any disruptions during our sessions we don’t have an outside line in the lab but you can contact us via Dr. Victoria Lovett’s office phone on 01792 295270 we have an answerphone if you would like to leave us a message or on one of the numbers we give out in the information pack when you sign up for the study.